After your microneedling treatment, it is important to take care of your skin properly for optimal results.
Here are some tips for how to best care for your skin after a microneedling session:
- Avoid sun exposure. Sun exposure can aggravate the skin and cause adverse effects after a microneedling treatment. Make sure to wear sunscreen when you go outside and avoid being in direct sunlight.
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water in the days following your treatment to help keep your skin hydrated.
- Use gentle skincare products. Avoid using harsh or abrasive skincare products in the days following your treatment, as they can irritate the skin. Use gentle, noncomedogenic products instead.
- Avoid excessive exfoliation. Exfoliating too much can irritate the skin and cause inflammation. Only exfoliate once or twice a week in the days following your treatment.
- Avoid using active ingredients. Avoid using active ingredients, like retinol or glycolic acid, in the weeks after your microneedling treatment. These ingredients can aggravate the skin and lead to adverse effects
- Avoid picking or scratching. It is also important to avoid picking at or scratching the treated area, as this can cause scarring.
If you experience any excessive redness, swelling, or irritation after your treatment, be sure to speak with your skincare professional.
Allow the skin adequate time to heal before resuming regular activities. Depending on the extent of your treatment, you may need to take a few days off from work or other activities.
Follow your skincare provider’s instructions for how long to wait before resuming normal activities. Following these tips will help ensure that your skin heals properly after a microneedling treatment and prevents any unwanted side effects.